Updated daily by 12:30 PM ET
By: William D. Kirsh, DO, MPH, CMIO, Agilum Healthcare Intelligence, Inc. and
Travis J. Leonardi, RPh, C.P., CEO of Agilum Healthcare Intelligence, Inc.
Through its Comparative Rapid Cycle Analytics™ (CRCA™) solution, Agilum Healthcare Intelligence seeks to leverage its comprehensive, longitudinal patient database to deliver updates on current and new treatment regimens – providing greater transparency into the resulting outcomes for various cohorts of COVID-19 patients. This data has been updated to support more detailed observations into the survival rate and average length of stay (ALOS) by drug treatment regimens for COVID-19 patients with and without comorbid conditions (determined by a pulmonary and/or cardiac diagnosis within the past 12 calendar months). Observations are based on:
- Real-world data (RWD) from inpatient care including drug dispensation data
- A representative sampling of patients in hospitals across the United States
- Dynamic, real-time, continuously updated information
With the rapidly evolving incidence of COVID-19, this report will be refreshed regularly to show near real-time trends of patient outcomes based on specific drug treatment regimens.
COVID-19 Inpatient Drug Regimen Analysis Using Real-World Data (RWD)
By leveraging Agilum’s Comparative Rapid Cycle Analytics™ (CRCA™) platform, Agilum has written protocols to analyze real-world data (RWD) from the inpatient care setting taking place in hospitals nationwide treating patients with COVID-19.
The data tables contained herein were constructed using RWD to create an analytical approach, as opposed to a clinical study such as a randomized control trial. In doing so, we seek to advance the rapidly evolving body of knowledge pertaining to the care and treatment of patients with COVID-19 using near real-time longitudinal patient data. The data will be updated and republished continuously as available.
- Examined inpatient dispensations of select drugs from March 1, 2020 through yesterday from hospitals nationwide. Leveraged a current, near-real-time data stream in order to improve timeliness and accuracy.
- Grouped drugs into known COVID-19 drug treatment regimens.
- Analyzed patients by age and gender on each regimen for outcomes associated with average length of stay (ALOS) and survival rates.
Analysis has been updated to address comorbid conditions related to cardiac and pulmonary diseases, using ICD-10 CM diagnosis codes corresponding to the respective clinical classes as defined by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- All patients in this analysis were hospitalized and treated with the drug regimens listed herein. The analysis does not contain patients who were treated outside of these drug regimens.
Drug Regimen Legend
Profile of Patient Populations
- Based on observation of real-world data analytics, not a clinical study or trial.
- This information is for observational purposes only and is not a recommendation, endorsement or advice as to any medical or therapeutic treatment option. We advise readers to consult with medical professionals and public health authorities regarding treatment of any COVID-19 infection.
- The information is subject to change without notice. The information is solely based on data received.
- All product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To download a recent PDF of this analysis or request a PDF reflecting the real-time data published above, simply fill out the form below. For more information about this analysis or Agilum Healthcare Intelligence solutions, please call 877.AGLMHCI (245.6424).